Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teddy's Essay About Regrets

Teddy Purnell
12/18/08
Mr.Salsich
Room 2
Regrets
The Bad, The Wicked, and The Ugly
I have many regrets, of which I am deeply ashamed. Many of my regrets are little things, and their being small makes me regret having them, which creates more regrets, and here starts the never-ending list of regrets. There are two regrets, one of them recent, that are the most malicious. Although regrets can be painful, they can also be helpful, teaching you to prevent them from repeating themselves in the future.
One regret I have happened not too long ago, on Sunday, December 14. I got into a fight with my mom. I was grumpy, and being grumpy, I got into a fight with my brother, and when my mom came upstairs, I refused to listen to her, and got my Nintendo® DS Taken away from me. My anger, coursing through my veins, made me more defiant and my mom said something offensive about my dad, making me yell at her and lumber down the stairs. I will try not to get into fights with my brothers anymore. To help
me do this, I will need their help because sometimes I don’t think before I act, and instead I act before I think. Also, they should know by now that they can’t win a fight against me in their wildest dreams; I should know not to give in, but oh well, that’s brothers for you. I hope to prevent something like this from happening in the future, and I will try to make this hope a reality.
Another regret I have has been haunting me for most of my life. Not bonding with my classmates enough is a major regret of mine. In preschool, this was never a problem. As I got older, however, I became more and more secluded. To correct this regret, I will play with my classmates more often, get to know them better, and keep in touch with them after we all depart for our new high schools. Doing this may not make up for past years, but it will help me forgive myself for not doing this before. In my next school, I want to do this from the start. I hope to get very close to my classmates by the end of the year.
In the future, I want to train myself to regret little, or to have little regrets. Although it will be difficult I don’t want to regret anything in future years. I want to abolish my regrets and fears. Regretting less will make my life better in the long run.

SELF ASSESSMENT

I like how I wrote about my regret, then wrote how I would prevent it from happening in the future.

Trying to figure out what words to use was the hardest part of writing this essay for me, because I was thinking of one word, but couldn’t remember what the word was.

No comments: